What can state legislatures do to repeal ObamaCare? Plenty, says Christie Herrera of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).
ALEC has just released The State Legislators Guide to Repealing ObamaCare, which offers legislators plenty of options for defunding ObamaCare, drawing attention to its harmful effects, and otherwise working to undo the increasing rate of “governmentizing” health care.
For states, ObamaCare has several harmful effects, including:
- Increased financial demands on already stressed Medicaid programs
- Higher taxes
- A federal takeover of health insurance regulation.
What can state legislators do? They can take several steps, including:
- Refrain from building the ObamaCare edifice
- Hold public hearings to draw attention to the harmful effects of the law
- Pursue market-based reforms.
In other words, the action isn’t just at the national level. For those of us who appreciate federalism, that’s a good thing.